It was built inside the Padmanabhapuram Fort. It was situated in Padmanabhapuram at the foot of Velli Hills, boasted by Veli River in Kanyakumari District. It was built in 1601 AD by Iravi Varma Kulasekhara Perumal . He ruled Venad between 1592 and 1609. The fort symbolizes Kerala’s original style of architecture. The beautiful interior edifice is carved with sculptured decorative and made up of rosewood. The Tourists get astonished while seeing the royal chairs with Chinese carvings, , windows with colored mica and musical bow in mahogany. It is now represented as nice museum with various paintings, arts, crafts and weapons like swords.
The royal palace:
It has been used as the residence of Travancore’s rulers, which has several majestic structures.
The entrance hall is of wooden roofing, decorated with lotus medallions. It has a clock tower that was installed in 1832 A.D and is still working .
It was just like a museum where decorative, antique households, , arts and crafts are exhibited that represents their culture.
You can view several other places by residing in Hotel temple citi the best Hotel in Kanyakumari.